Photo-realistic Creatures in Movies – 10 Week Online Animation Course
Designed for those beginning their Animation Careers, students, Junior Animators and Intermediate Animators who want to specialise in high-end Visual Effects Films animating Photo realistic Characters or Creatures with precision in the following:
- A highly detailed and photo realistic demo-reel shot(s) using a character or creature rig that resembles any hollywood movie.
- A creative and technical work methodology involving high quality film footage with match moved Maya scenes used in creating high quality animation for film.
- To gain confidence from the tools and skill-set of a proven workflow to produce high-end Animation.
The course level is not for absolute beginners in animation and computer graphics.
Students must have knowledge of the basic animation principles and must know how to use Maya proficiently.
If you are unsure of your skill level, feel free to contact us here for a free consultation:
The Package includes:
-8 weekly video chats and recordings of reviews with your teacher(or more depending on your uploads for review)
-Access to 37 Video tutorials (At least 4 hours of learning videos)
Each week you will have access to unlock each new instructional video to help build your knowledge and skill set:
Class 1 Instructional videos:
Class 1.1 Storyboards, Animatics and posing.
Class 1.2 Uploading your footage to Syncsketch
Class 1.3 Selecting your keyposes
Class 2 Instructional videos:
Class 2.1 Create projects folder
Class 2.2 Reference Cam, char and Saving files
Class 2.3 Download storyboard with notes from Syncsketch
Class 2.4 Export an image sequence in Aftereffects
Class 2.5 Importing image sequence into Maya
Class 2.6 Stepped Keyposing workflow
Class 2.7 Blocking in a basic camera animation
Class 3 Instructional videos:
Class 3.1 Adding backgrounds
Class 3.2 Adding FX cards
Class 3.3 Camera:Rule of thirds
Class 3.4 Camera:Central framing
Class 3.5 Camera:Action leads camera
Class 3.6 Camera:Types of camera angles
Class 4 Instructional videos:
Class 4.1 Balanced Posing-Centre of Gravity
Class 4.2 Energy and Residual motion
Class 4.3 Spacing and Timing
Class 4.4 Uneven timing in your shot
Class 4.5 Blocking to Spline – Maya process
Class 5 Instructional videos:
Class 5.1 Designing Appeal
Class 5.2 Line of Action
Class 5.3 Zig Zag movements
Class 5.4 Animation analysis- Space Punch
Class 5.5 Follow Cam script
Class 5.6 Smear frames and action lines
Class 5.7 Anatomy of a punch
Class 6 Instructional videos:
Class 6.1 Tracking Arcs
Class 6.2 Tracking arcs with Ghosting script and Syncsketch
Class 6.3 Feet weight and Squish
Class 6.4 Body, chest and head overlap
Class 6.5 Alembic caching
Class 7 Instructional videos:
Class 7.1 Demo reel shots – selection
Class 7.2 Demo reel – Quality over Quantity
Class 7.3 Demo reel – Order and Flow of shots
Class 7.4 Demo reel – Edit and soundtrack
-Matchmoved cameras and Tracked Maya scenes included.
-FX (such as destruction, explosions etc).
-Access to the 2d FX library.
-Access to The Griffin Animation Academy community.
-Access to professional industry guest speakers and Animation webinars each month.
-Access to Top Talent Solutions–A recruitment firm to help you prepare for your job search.
-Discounts as a Griffin Animation Academy Alumni for reviews.
Each student that graduates at the end of the course gets a free hour with Top Talent Solutions recruitment agency to discuss topics on preparation for their job search such as how to write cover letters and resumes, building your LinkedIN profile and interview conversations with animation studios.
..more on Griffin Animation Academy :
What to expect from GRIFFIN Animation Academy:
● A scheduled Skype/Zoom chat each week for discussion on progress, professional
feedback and any questions or concerns you have.
● Up to 3 times per week professional recorded feedback will be provided- detailed on ‘Syncsketch’
with annotations and notes.
● All work will be archived on SyncSketch with unlimited access to each student.
● Access to a GRIFFIN School Animation Mentor via the chat program ‘Telegram’ will
● 1 recorded detailed video at the end of each week providing professional feedback
● A beautiful, dynamic and polished shot or shots for your demo-reel for use to apply
for jobs as a professional animator in film, high-end TV or games.
● Professional tips on how to use LinkedIN and demo-reel as a tool to reach out to
● Professional tips on how to structure your demo-reel for recruiters.
..more on the Course Requirements
Students considering enrolling in the 8 week course will need the following:
● A copy of Autodesk Maya for Animation / Students must be comfortable using Maya.
A free student version is available complete with a license.
● Signup for a Syncsketch account for feedback and notes.
● Download ‘Telegram’ chat program for online communication.
● Download DISCORD and ZOOM software for video and live feedback discussions. Please test to
ensure that both audio and video are in working order before your first class.
● A rig(s) to animate with.
● Students will need an active LinkedIN account, email address and social media accounts for post course follow up.
**Please note: GRIFFIN Animation Academy do not provide a copy of Autodesk Maya.
A license from the Autodesk website is available. Rigs are not provided- free or paid rigs
A variety of free to use and purchasable rigs will be provided to the students to choose from .